Sunday 26 January 2014

Just a short post today

I haven't got any sewing to share this week as due to a bad start to the year I've not been in the sewing room as much as I would like.
My nan passed on the Sunday before Christmas. On the 10th January we had her funeral plus sorting out all of her items, her flat, etc.
After that one of our dogs got sick and wouldn't eat. She is a Labrador and as most people know they will eat anything and everything. We took her to the vets a few times but they couldn't find anything wrong. We took her again on 15th Jan and told them we wanted her problem investigated. The vets arranged for an ultra sound and said they thought it was a tumour and would need to operate. Whilst doing the op the couldn't find anything but since then during further surgery a tumour was found. As one point we were told she may have to be put to sleep but luckily the type she has is now being treated with chemo. She is doing a bit better but it will be a long road, we have to try to make her eat, give her pain killer tablets.
I have ventured back to the sewing room today for some alterations, hopefully normal service will be resumed soon.

I was going to add a photo of the dog but blogger won't upload it, I will come back and add it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment