Wednesday 4 May 2011

Football is more than a game

I know this may not be something that interests most of you but to me it is a way of life.
I have always liked watching football as my dad is a big football fan and it has rubbed off.
A couple of years (ok 6years) ago I decided to go and watch a game live with him (Bristol Rovers)
Since that day I have gone to as many games as possible, have a season ticket and make sure I don't arrange anything for a saturday afternoon. During the 6 years I have seen some good times and some bad. I have been to Wembley and to Cardiff to watch the gas (Rovers nickname), seen them get promoted.
One of the worst days was on saturday as the gas got relegated. This is the 1st time I have experienced this and it was heartbreaking. When I have seen people cry over football on TV I have thought don't be silly but on saturday I could quite easily have become one of them people.
I truly believe that if you follow football and support a team (especially a local team) then football is more than just a game as some people might say and think - it is a way of life. A lot of feeling is involved and you feel all the highs and all the lows as the season progresses.
Football is also a good way to meet new like minded people. I have made some good friends through football as we alsways stand in the same place and so have got to know the people around us who are there for the same reason so straight away you have something in common with them.

I wouldn't be without football in my life and will watch it for as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment