Saturday 9 April 2011

Design Ideas

I have been having a play around with some different dress bodice designs this evening.
A couple of months ago I made myself a mini mannequin so I have used that and some scraps of fabric that I have to drape some ideas that I have had in my mind for a while.
I am happy with the one idea and am now going to buy some satin as it will need lining due to being made from chiffon.It will be made from a plain red chiffon as an evening/bridesmaid dress. I am also on the lookout for some gems/stones as I am going to make the shoulder a big feature. (pictures are below)
The back of the dress will be straight across with either a zip fastening or buttons (haven't decided which yet). There will also be the option of having an inner corset to give shaping to the body. The skirt of the dress will be available in either knee length or floor length and will be A line in shape so will skim the body.
The second idea wasn't quite what I had imagined so I am going to see if I can tweak it slightly before I purchase any fabric.

Please let me know what you think of the designs.
Close up of shoulder detail. Across the ruching will
be stones/gems to make a feature of shoulder.


Another view of shoulder detail


Basic shape idea of dress


shoulder design idea - not sure about this as wanted lower fabric to lay flat


A different option for shoulder detail


close up of shoulder detail

No comments:

Post a Comment