Monday 21 February 2011

Feeling SEW low

Well I have now had a cold and cough since November 2010.
Went to the doctors and was put on a weeks course of antibiotics, now finished but still have the cold/cough. Another visit to the doctors Weds morning, let's see what they say this time.
The up side to being ill is I have had time off work (most of it spent in bed) which means when I feel up to it I can sew. Although all I have managed to sew so far is a plastic protector for the dogs bed LOL.
But while I have been off 2 customers have contacted me for dressmaking work.
The 1st customer didn't end up using my services as she wanted me to make bridesmaid dresses from scratch for £80, this was also to include the cost of fabrics. When I told her how much I would charge she decided to go elsewhere.
The 2nd customer wanted a zip inserted into a top as it is slightly to small (talking mere millimetres here) so came for a fitting and is happy for me to do the work for her.

Hopefully will be fitting fit again soon so that I can get back to normal and do more sewing.
Also back to the full time job on Weds so need my energy levels back.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing how much people want for so little, huh?

    Sorry you're feeling down. I hope you feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a bridesmaid dress for £80 all in? some people are crazy!
    I know what you mean about having a cold, I have had a cough for about 2 months eugh.

    ReplyDelete